Wellness Consultations - Therapy Redefined
- Integrative psychotherapy for wellness with emphasis on Expressive Arts and Narrative practices for Individuals and Couples
- I specialize in support for major life changes and transitions. My therapeutic lens begins with relationships and systems. For many, relationship changes bring grief and loss to the surface of their experience. For many more, systemic oppression and intergenerational trauma are at the root of their grief. Regardless of your position among the human expanse, the experience of grief often comes with anxiety and depression.
- I know how important it is to work with someone who you can show up safely as your whole self...someone who will meet you where you are at as the unique individual you are...someone who will not make assumptions. I know this from my own experience in therapy as a mixed race, bisexual, female bodied person, with several invisible identities, and a complex history of experiences of bridging worlds between my identities and the conventional world around me. I have has the honor of holding space for a wide range of intersectional identities that both overlap and differ from my own. I encourage you to ask me about how I work toward social justice if you this helps you determine your safety.
- I offer individuals and couples private sessions over the course of a time period that feels intuitively appropriate. Most clients choose to work over a period of weeks or months, while others choose to work through a season, a lunar cycle, or astrological shift.
- The time we spend together is discussed in our first session, along with a general discussion to understand what is in transition, identify your wellness goals, and determine a fee that feels manageable to work with.
- I see myself as a collaborator or guide. You are the expert of your experience. We can be creative, curious, intuitive, and practical as we explore. I offer psycho-education and resources if needed or desired.
- I seek to make space for creative, wellness, and support energy to emerge in a safe, judgment free exchange.
Below are some of the ways I can offer you a dynamic experience of discovering wellness. Please inquire about my sliding scale fees.
I believe Creativity is an asset to us all even if we do not identify as an Artist. Creative expression is utilized to support the process of change by moving through energetic or mental barriers. Talking is useful, however it can be limiting if the senses we have are not involved. Narrative, Expressive Arts Therapy can support a wide range of expressions by connecting senses and moving past the chatter of the mind. We will learn about your story and your personal expressions to identify your unique needs, get curious about fear, grief, trauma, and learn about how these elements impact your life. We may also discover how outdated messages within your personal or ancestral narratives that relate to present experience of anxiety or depression. We can be creative about how to refresh and update both your messages and coping skills to better serve your sense of wellness or create a lifestyle shift. We can reveal resources to support you in reaching personal and/or creative goals. We can reconnect you to creative or spiritual practices. It's up to you! I see myself as a creative guide to support you.
For me Wellness is defined by the individual, the environment, and what dances between. Everything is connected. Small change can be deeply impactful. In my experience I hear many people express they do not feel well, which relates to the abundance of stress and lack of resources to manage it. There is now conventional emphasis on self care or stress management, yet this can feel further out of reach, or yet another thing to succeed in. With the focus on the outside, many of us are walking around with overwhelm, and/or outdated messages that are reinforced by socially or capitalistically driven media sources. Wellness exploration begins with turning inward. I can support you in safely exploring where messages come from, how they encourage or discourage you, and unpack the mystery of your wellness. I work with guided meditations and imagery to aid in the experience of going inward, acting as a bridge between the mind, body, and spirit to reduce symptoms of stress.
I often feel that support systems can reduce stress or increase it depending on how well they are navigated. I believe that we make agreements all the time, often without consciousness. For example saying yes more than we intend to, or saying no when we really wish more help was available. I feel that we create habits early in life that are in need of some beautifully designed updates as we face new life stages. In our work together we can explore and deconstruct the idea of support, create an understanding of needs and habits, and discover practical ways to integrate changes to reflect these needs.